This is a map of my current trip --

This map shows my current location as well as where I have been. Enjoy. --- Well, here I go again. Where will I possibly end up? Hope you enjoy following me .... Check back often.



Wednesday, 18 May 2011,
I have determined that the engine on the bicycle really sucks! Specially in 60-70 mph side winds with pouring rain. I had to get off the bike many times. Once I was pushing my bike along the shoulder of the road and when a gust of wind hit me, I was blown to the the other side of the road trying hard not to go over the edge. When I finally came across a trailhead, I took refuge in the outhouse there. Bike and all. Word seemed to get out that I was out there and people were out looking for me. I was in the outhouse putting on everything I had with me for warmth when I heard a horn honk. I peeked out and it was a car full of people looking for me. They were checking everyplace I might be until they found me. The wind and rain was subsiding a little by then and I told them I was fine. They insisted on following me for ten miles with their blinkers on until I got to town. They told me why there was no vegetation at all along that part of the road - the wind blew it all away years ago. I can believe it! They also said I wasn't the first person they have found hunkered down inside that outhouse over the years.

The rain is slowing and almost stopped even though the wind is still blowing. It is supposed to be sunny tomorrow so I plan on continuing my treck in the morning. I have a short section of downhill tomorrow followed by a long, very steep climb. I hope my legs are up to it. It's a lot different peddling a bike with a ton of provisions and camping gear on it.

1 comment:

  1. Take it easy on that engine. It's got a lot of miles on it!

    ReplyDelete