This is a map of my current trip --

This map shows my current location as well as where I have been. Enjoy. --- Well, here I go again. Where will I possibly end up? Hope you enjoy following me .... Check back often.



October 29, 2017

Carcass Island. This is one of the islands that make up the Falkland islands. Made our first water landing of the trip so far. Slide off the bow of the zodiac into the water then walk up to solid ground. I suspect there will be many more like it to come. More penguins,  lots of birds. Before the expedition started, we were told to be prepared to walk miles on uneven, slippery ground covered with penguin poop. Well, they wern t kidding. Today was the day. We traversed about 3 miles in the above mentioned conditions. Beautiful island though. A fun but tiring day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment