This is a map of my current trip --

This map shows my current location as well as where I have been. Enjoy. --- Well, here I go again. Where will I possibly end up? Hope you enjoy following me .... Check back often.



Monday 11 June 2012

What a great day! Followed the route of the Tour de France over many passes in the Pyrenese. We planned to do 10 passes but I think we only did 7 or 8. One road up one pass was only wide enough for a small car. Very narrow and tight switchbacks for miles. Then just before the top it turned into a gravel two-track. The rest of the roads were good but very twisty. The weather was much better than expected and only rained for the final hour of the day. Up until then it was mostly sunny. Coming down one pass out of France and back into Spain, the road was perfect and four of us really had some fun. Our guide, a German fellow, my friend Don and I just ripped down the mountain at a "brisk" pace. Right at the bottom, it seemed like the whole police department was waiting for us and just waived us over. I kept looking up at the mountain trying to see if they could have watched us come down. We all thought we were going to jail. It turned out that they were just checking people coming into the country over that pass for proper vehicle papers and licenses. We were on our way in a few minutes with big smiles on our faces. Tonight we are back in France at Ax Les Thermes. We rode 311 km today.

No comments:

Post a Comment