This is a map of my current trip --

This map shows my current location as well as where I have been. Enjoy. --- Well, here I go again. Where will I possibly end up? Hope you enjoy following me .... Check back often.



April 29, 2013

Palenque is such a wonderful place that I always hate to leave. But all good things must eventually come to and end so today we head north. We wanted to see the giant Olmec heads the have recently been discovered near La Venta. The site where the heads have been discovered is swampy and nearly inaccessible so several of the heads and other items of interest have been moved to Villahermosa and placed in a museum. So, we made a short ride up to Villahermosa where we spent the morning at the museum. It was a well done outdoor museum that had several of the giant heads and many other artifacts from La Venta as well as a small zoo with many different animals. It is a great place for adults and children alike. After visiting the museum we continued north and stopped for the night on the north side of Veracruz. This was a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment