This is a map of my current trip --

This map shows my current location as well as where I have been. Enjoy. --- Well, here I go again. Where will I possibly end up? Hope you enjoy following me .... Check back often.



24 May 2012

Today was a good day. Lots of variety and great scenery. Another day of strong headwinds so I wasn't sure how far I would get. I left Canet-Plage and just put my head down and peddled north along the beach into about 25mph winds. I had lunch in Leucate and halfway between there and Port-la-Nouvelle I fell off the bicycle once. Don't worry, it was just another way I found to humor the locals. Yeah, right! At Port-la-Nouvelle, I got onto a barge tow-path on the Canal de la Robine and rode that to Narbonne, about 10 miles or so. The path was nice since there was no car or truck traffic, but it was rough. Just a two-track dirt path. My touring bike is a road bike with no suspension and not made for that, so it was a challenge but the scenery and the challenge made it worthwhile. I have settled into a hotel for the night in Narbonne. Todays mileage was 48.3. So far I have ridden 206.9 miles since leaving Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment