This is a map of my current trip --

This map shows my current location as well as where I have been. Enjoy. --- Well, here I go again. Where will I possibly end up? Hope you enjoy following me .... Check back often.



28 May 2012

After riding along the coast today for about 30 miles I stopped for lunch at a little seaside town and once again ordered chicken. This time it looked like chicken, felt like chicken and, low and behold, it even tasted like chicken. The coast route seems though it should be flat and along the water. But no, it is either straight up or straight down. I began to dread the descents because after every exciting descent was a brutal ascent. Oh well. I'm not too far from my destination today but I am sitting on a restaurant porch watching the lightening show and waiting for a thunderstorm to pass. At least this time I found shelter before I got drenched.
The thunder and lightening finally passed after about an hour but the rain didn't show signs of letting up so I suited up in my rain gear and continued on my way. I arrived in Blanes and found the hostel that I stayed at last week only to find they only are open Fri, Sat, and Sun. But the lady that owns it, recognized me through the window and opened just for me. I am the one and only occupant. She just gave me keys to all the doors so I can come and go as I please. I will stay at least a couple days here.
Rode altogether 44.1 miles today with about 10 of those in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment