This is a map of my current trip --

This map shows my current location as well as where I have been. Enjoy. --- Well, here I go again. Where will I possibly end up? Hope you enjoy following me .... Check back often.



27 May 2012

Well, I made it back to Spain. The weather was beautiful so I headed through the Pyreneese mountains over Col du Banyuls. This is not a tall pass but it is brutal, specially approaching it southbound. On the Spanish side, I only noticed grades of 10% so heading north would be the best way. On the French side the grade was much worse. Two of the climbs were 18% grades. What a workout first thing in the morning! After peddling awhile in Spain I stopped for lunch. Another surprise. I ordered chicken and fries. I have no clue what I got! They kept saying it was chicken, but ... There were about 10 "nuggets" (I don't know what else to call them). Each was deep fried on the outside and just mush on the inside. They didn't look like chicken, they didn't feel like chicken, and of all things, they didn't even taste like chicken! Oh well. I felt pretty good, even my legs, after riding over the mountains so I just kept peddling. I finally stopped at a beautiful town of Palafrugell. The town is having their spring festival and the whole town is in the town center. When I arrived into town, a parade was going on. Tonight there is live music and the whole town seems to be there and everyone is dancing to the music. Lots of fun!
Did good on the miles today with a fun 67.5 miles peddled.

No comments:

Post a Comment